Last year ARCS Skipper was officially withdrawn, but existing users were allowed a transition period. This is due to finish by the end of 2014. The consequences of this mean that users will have to pay full commercial rates for Raster Charts which will result in significant increase in data overheads.
Fortunately, MarineFIND has developed a cost effective solution – the WMS Chart Service. This supplies feeds directly to any desktop and is fully compatible with any GIS system. It delivers:
- Automatic transformation of charts into any native projection
- Fully licensing for desktop use
- Fully licensing for printing for reports and other documents
- Flexible regional coverage
- Cost effective enterprise licensing options
- Full online tracking to enable clients to obtain monthly reports of user activity
Our WMS Chart Service is already being used by a number of companies and agencies involved in the offshore marine Industry.
“The MarineFIND WMS has proved to be a great option for Fugro EMU’s source of Raster Charts. Quick and easy to use, the WMS provides high quality charts in a format that integrates well within our GIS systems. We have found the service flexible, with MarineFIND able to customise the feeds to suite our specific requirements, and time-saving as all chart licensing agreements are in place, which is a major benefit.”
– Richard Marlow, Senior GIS Consultant, FUGRO EMU
If you are interested in hearing more about these services send us your details using our contact form.